Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Blog that Time Forgot

It's funny how you can completely forget about things that seemed so important at the time! Take my blog for example........
I'm fairly new to this phenomenom called the "internet". It started with my first e-mail account that a friend in another city opened for me so that we could communicate more often without the expense of long-distance (That and the fact that I move around..ALOT). I blame it all on G-mail and Facebook! With G-mails intuitive advertising, I was soon getting hundreds of emails everyday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Google was sending me things unsolicited. It's just that I have an analytic personality , so when I started noticing that the related links in my mailbox had to do with the mail I was receiving , I turned slightly paranoid! Did I say "SLIGHTLY". I soon decided that someone was monitoring my computer and were intent on driving me crazy. I clicked on every link there was, searching for "clues" as to the identity of this maniacal cyber stalker I was now positive existed! It took me to a few interesting places like Classmates.com and Facebook. For this the whole experience was worth it as I have reconnected with old friends (Classmates) and made way too many new ones (Facebook)
It has gotten to the point that I pretty much need a secretary to handle my accounts! Meanwhile back at the blog.........
I had become so involved with my new "friends" and Facebook, that I completely forgot about this blog thingy that I had started to let my "stalker" know that I was onto him. Now I have re-discovered my blog(and the forgotten password) and realize that there is no cyber stalker watching my every virtual move, I think I'm going to try to visit it every now and again. I still believe it can accomplish something important - just not in the insidious way that I had originally intended. I hereby vow to try to use cyber-space (via my blog) for the good of all mankind.

No comments: