Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If You Walked a Kilometre in My Shoes

I really hate the stupid cliches that were told to us by our folks, and now we seem to be passing on to our children. You know ......"the Canadian Legacy". Hah! " I just WISH you had to walk a mile in MY shoes!"

Sound like someone you know?

Every time I heard that (and it was quite often, I assure you) I just wanted to scream " If I had to walk anywhere in your shoes, it would be a " K-I-L-O-M-E-T-R-E "! We follow the British Metric system for measuring, and I'm pretty sure they taught it in the schools even way back then!"

You know......back when you had to walk 5 KILOMETRES through raging blizzards - in May - in
British Columbia; and that was just to reach the barn to milk the cows , to get some food to keep the little ones from falling victim to the plague or scurvy, Heaven Forbid!

All of it is ridiculous of course: the only thing it could possibly accomplish , is that now we'd have TWO miserable fools with sore, stinky, sweaty feet!

No comments: